Saturday, May 12, 2012

Finshed my 1st Air Dry Clay Doll







I finally finished my 1st Paper Clay Doll, in an online class given by Marlaine Verhelst (2012).  If you ever have the opportunity to take a class with Marlaine, go for it!
She is a great teacher. I learned so much more than I could have imagined, not to mention a new technique to create dolls. This Doll is very different they my usual. I love it/her... not sure what it is, lol!! A fantasy Doll... I'm having a hard time naming this Doll, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated:)

I sculpted the Head, Hands and Shoes using Paper Clay,  painted using watercolor paint and the body is cloth over wire armature. The costume has a lot of hand work and fancy fabrics. The Doll stands approximately 24" tall.

I lost track of how many hours it took to create this doll. I don't think I would have even started if I knew how long it would take. I have a new respect for paper clay dolls.

Thank you for stopping by:)
Caroline

2 comments:

The Stitch Fiddler Bethann Scott said...

She is FANTASTIC! You did a marvelous job. I love the face, the hair, and the clothing is wonderful. She looks like she is on stage/theater ready to perform!

Bethann

Anonymous said...

She (I think it´s a she)looks really great!! So much detailing and the proportions are right and the coloring makes her look a bit "angelic". How about Kit for a name?
I´m just about to open up a packet of clay, but I´m a bit scared that it won´t work...But of course it will:))

Please check out my blog:
http://madebywillow.blogspot.com
It´s rather new and I really need visitors and comments. I started out in early spring last year, but had to set it aside due to illness, but now I´m back!